Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Y'all Are Going to Owe Me Big For This One - Marinated Corn Salad!

I have already made it and it is terrific - if I do say so myself!  Here tis - with my embellishments:

1 pkg frozen or 1 can corn kernels - I had canned - drained
3-4 green onions - chopped
1 can black beans - rinsed - I used Bushs seasoned recipe
1 can diced tomatoes - I used  Rotel - Mexican flavored with lime and cilantro - I drained them - probably shouldn't have
1/2 cup Publix Mojo marinade
1 tablespoon honey

Mix, Marinade in fridge or just dig in like I did.....YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm cooking!  I'm cooking!  I'm cooking!

Additional info for your enjoyment:  1/4 of the big bowl of this stuff only has 230 calories, 2 fat grams, 10 grams of protein, and a giant 10 grams of fiber!  Whoa!

7 comments:

  1. Really sounds good. You might want to share with sister unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicious!

    Good to find you here... thanks for sharing the link! I look forward to reading about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of recipe, easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I have had this corn/black bean recipe before and made it to take to a party, it was so good. But my version did not have the mole
    sauce from Publix which I am sure only makes it better! So, I will be off to Publix to buy some of that hole mole sauce and check it out. Hang in there MZ. SUZE! Love ya, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hanging! Worked in the yard all day! And the mole makes the salad! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete