Sunday, April 26, 2009

In the Beginning - or Taking That 1st Bite

Being one of the world's greatest procrastinators is trying at best.  So little gets done.  However, today I begin an effort to lose fifty pounds and I will documents all efforts toward that cause right here.  All great procrastinators know the story about tackling any challenge.  To eat an elephant, you have to take that first bite.  I will eat this elephant one bite at a time and I plan to succeed.  I even plan to like it, hence the name Tasty Elephant.  I chose cupcakes as my background because they are probably as close as I will get to cupcakes for the next long while.  You will know I have made great progress when I change to a tofu background.  Just don't expect too much too soon as I am still the same person I was when I gained the fifty I'm planning to lose.  Stay tuned - this should be interesting.  Please feel free to share recipes, ideas, encouragement...And, don't worry; I'm not really going to eat an elephant as that is what got me in this mess in the first place!

5 comments:

  1. You Go Girlfriend.



    Helen Reddy:

    “I am woman, hear me roar

    In numbers too big to ignore

    And I know too much to go back to pretend.

    If I have to, I can do anything! I am WOMAN!!!!”



    Julie Andrews:

    “I have confidence and confidence alone………..besides what you see, I have confidence in ME…….!!!!!!”



    Celia:

    You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS - you have made the hardest step! WALK. WALK, WALK, drinks LOTS of water, and exercise your buns off. Join a ladies only gym with a buddy. If you were here, we could go to Ladies Workout Express. I hate it, but I HAVE to do it. I will share recipes with you from weight watchers. That program works, too - but you really have to exercise to get it going. Walk everyday!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    You’re an inspiration. I admire you and hope this will help you and me! FYI, the new Sabrina is on tonight – I think on A&E.



    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. I have been going twice a week to a "boot camp" style exercise event at my chuch using wieght and aerobics. If I were at home alone, I would just lie on the floor and groan, but with peer pressure, I go ahead and do the push ups and other less savory exercises- its good to have accountability.
    You can do it!!!

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! You go girlfriend! I can’t wait to see the new youthful, trim version of my friend.
    JM

    ReplyDelete