Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back on Track - Down 5.8

Boy, I feel like Edison with the light bulb.  I have found lots of things that don't work!  But I have lost today and I'm back on track!  Here's some of the stuff I have learned about my new lifestyle:
  • My long term goal is too big.  I need short term ones - so here's the new ticker at the bottom.  I won't look at the other one unless I'm up to it.  I get something wonderful every time I reach a short term goal - the first of which is an Aveda facial with Savannah, the aesthetist.  Only 4.2 pounds away!!!
  • Weighing every day is a killer.  I noticed that if I fluctuated up .4, I ate the rest of the day.  Now I'm just weighing on Monday until I am skinny and gorgeous and then I will weigh every day again.
  • McIntyre's Bakery is not a good Atlanta destination for me.  It's like putting Miracle Grow on the elephant.
  • Maggianno's, on the other hand, is acceptable.  We ate the family style lunch (AKA Italian gorge fest) and I survived.
  • It's better to share your omelet and pancakes at IHOP than to eat them all yourself.
  • The Tour of Athens (moussaka, spanikopita, Greek salad) at the Broadway Diner is enough for 3 healthy people.  Eating it all yourself, even with all the green stuff, adds tonnage.
  • If I go to bed hungry, I lose weight.  If I don't, I don't.
  • Don't be fooled by the Cascade Farms Sandwich Cookie (AKA Organic Oreos).  Eating the whole bag is really no better than slamming down the real thing.
  • Portion control is a skill I have yet to acquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment